Thursday, September 2, 2010

42/50: The De-Stress Divas Guide to Life by Ruth Klein

The De-Stress Divas Guide to Life: 77 Ways to Recharge, Refocus, and Organize Your LifeThe De-Stress Divas Guide to Life: 77 Ways to Recharge, Refocus, and Organize Your Life by Ruth Klein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up The De-Stress Divas Guide to Life from the library on my eReader. I had put it on hold when I was having an immense amount of stress, and by the time I got it, my stress was very little. I think that's probably a good thing. I think reading this book was helpful as I could take the time to examine the ideas behind it and really think about how to apply them to my life.

I really enjoyed the sections on family get-togethers and how to manage stress when there are so many people together at one time. It was helpful to see the other perspective of siblings. We may not be able to pick our family, but we can choose to understand them. Everyone brings different qualities and it's important to respect those.

There were some chapters very dear to me, such as the stresses of changing jobs, or planning a wedding.

I would recommend this book because of it's simplicity. It's not a hard read, but the tips inside are very useful. I would also recommend visiting Ruth's website, http://www.destressdiva.com/ to get more tips and tricks.

Buy the book from Amazon

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Yes unfortunately I judge a book by its cover.

    Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!