Tuesday, September 21, 2010

45/50: Gone by Lisa McMann

Gone  (Dream Catcher, #3)Gone by Lisa McMann
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After reading Wake and Fade, this book wasn't good as the last book. This series started out great, but fell flat for me in the end. I'm not sure what else I would have wanted out of it, but I'm left feeling like the series ended with no climax. It just. ended.
While I appreciated learning more about Janie and her father, this book was really missing that paranormal factor. Don't be deceived, there was still some dream catching in the book, it just wasn't the same.
Gone went into the dilemma that Janie faces with her curse/gift. Should she stay with her loved ones, or should she isolate herself. The secrets she finds out from another dream catcher put things in perspective. She has two choices that are equally horrible.
Gone also went into more detail on Janie's mom which I liked. We also learned a little more about Miss Stubin, Henry, and Captain.
I will say however, that the book ended how I thought it should have. I saw the two choices Janie was faced with and hoped throughout this book she would choose one and not the other. McMann chose the same ending I would have.

Read the entire series
Wake (Wake Series, Book 1)Fade (Wake Series, Book 2) (Wake Trilogy)Gone (Wake Series, Book 3) (Wake Trilogy)

View all my reviews


Gone counts towards towards my goal of reading books I own or have borrowed.
Check out my list on the Fall Book Challenge Page.
This book also counts towards my online challenge through The Nest for the Summer Book Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!