Monday, September 6, 2010

Movie Review (19): Whiteout

This show popped up on the PVR so I thought I'd record it for Frenchie. Kate Beckinsale is a big draw for him. I'm also a big fan because in most movies she kicks ass. The rating on the PVR was 1 star and I'd have to agree.

The plot was pretty thin.
U.S. Marshal Carrie Stetko is three days from the end of her tour at an international research station in Antarctica after which she'll resign. An incident from her past haunts her. The continent's first winter storm is coming when a body, wearing no gear, is discovered in the tundra. She investigates, soon finds more bodies, and must find a motive and a murderer before the storm and her departure. A U.N. agent, Robert Pryce, appears, seemingly out of nowhere, to help. An aging physician about to retire, a nervous mission chief, a downed Soviet plane, and the weather's deadly elements add to the story. Can Carrie trust Pryce and does she still have what it takes?

The lines were pretty horrible to the point you could tell they were lines. If you are an avid movie goer, you know what I mean when I say that. There are some movies you get sucked into the characters and you don't feel like they are actually acting.

We both figured out by the end who was involved. It wasn't much of a surprise. I would not recommend this one. Save your rental money and your time.

1 comment:

  1. I rented this because I think Kate Beckinsale is a great actress, but this movie was horrid. I stopped watching halfway through haha great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!