Saturday, September 18, 2010

44/50: Fade by Lisa McMann

Fade (Dream Catcher, #2)Fade by Lisa McMann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fade was better than Wake for me. Keep in mind I read Wake a long while ago.
Fade dived deeper into Janie's gift of dream catching. Although she didn't do as much of it in this book as she did in the first, it really showed the dark side to to it. We get to see a more in-depth look at what Janie's future will be like. The fear she has about her future is confirmed and you find out exactly what that holds for her.

I love that Cabel is still in her life. He has demons of his own to deal with and he struggles between that and loving Janie. They are both a little screwed up and they seem to fit well together because of that. Both never really having love in their life before, they find it with each other.

Fade goes into a case where Janie must do things she wouldn't normally do. In order to catch a sex-offender, she must put herself in harms way. This doesn't have a lot to do with her dream catching ability and it's a shame, but you do get to know her character and her ability to deal with things life throws at her. Cabel has a tough time dealing with his love putting herself in danger because she is supposed to be his safe thing in life.

The crime fighting part of this book pulled me in. The dream catching was secondary and I think it really worked.

Can't wait to read Gone to conclude this trilogy.

Read the entire series
Wake (Wake Series, Book 1)Fade (Wake Series, Book 2) (Wake Trilogy)Gone (Wake Series, Book 3) (Wake Trilogy)

View all my reviews

Fade counts towards towards my goal of reading books I own or have borrowed.
Check out my list on the Fall Book Challenge Page.
This book also counts towards my online challenge through The Nest for the Summer Book Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!