Sunday, February 28, 2010

Life is about to change

Happy Last Day of Olympics!! (GO CANADA GO!)
I'm currently sitting in my living room, watching Canada play the USA in the gold medal game of men's hockey. It's intense!

I realized today I haven't blogged in 4 days. A lot has happened and of course, Beta has been keeping my fiance and I very busy. Here's how life is about to change....

Monday my fiance found out he will be going to site for work. Right now we both work our 9 - 5's and are home every evening today. That will all change tomorrow. He will be gone for 10 days and then back for 4. I'm very sad he will be gone. We don't spend a lot of time apart, and 10 days is a long time. He will always be home on a Thursday evening, and thankfully, I have a Friday off to match! We will get a full 3 day weekend together every other weekend.  I know I can do the time being apart. The part I'm worried about is taking care of Beta on my own.

Beta is a handful, and I am not a really patient person. She certainly knows how to test it. There have been a few times that I have sent my fiance out the door to collect her from the yard because she refuses to come inside. I guess this is where a leash will come in handy. I rely on him to help with her in the mornings since our schedules are staggered and in the evenings our times are perfect for one to play with Beta and one to cook supper. This will certainly be the biggest challenges with him gone.

I am scared of taking care of Beta alone, but I am also thankful that I will have her here to keep me company while my fiance is gone. She is funny and sweet and I am happy we have her.

GOLD!!!! WE WON GOLD!!!! (yes I sat and watched the rest of the game just so I could type that before I posted this blog post)

3 comments:

  1. It will be a fun challenge to have Beta and you in the house. Plus it will give you time to bond with your dog. Which I am sure both of you will enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be nice to have her around for sure. I'm just worried about her since I'm gone 10 hours a day. I'll have to make sure she runs really good at night so she's good and tired for bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! On top of everything, Beta is now sick and can't go to doggy daycare or start her puppy classes.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!