Thursday, April 1, 2010

16/25: French Women For All Seasons

French Women for All Seasons: A Year of Secrets, Recipes, & Pleasure (Vintage)
The last of the WBC books!
I finished the 25 point task for "Read a book and then cook based on it."
This book goes through each season and includes recipes and fashion for each.
It was a very interesting read, and one that I will probably go through again and again depending on the season I'm in. The numerous ways the typical French Woman wears a scarf is imcredible. I see the draw towards them.

I cooked a leek soup from this book. It was ok. My FI ate a few bowls of it (I froze it in portions) but that was it. I threw out the majority of it.

The one thing I did love about this book was the menus. Every breakfast included coffee. Every supper included wine. Can't go wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!