Monday, April 5, 2010

Manic Monday: Easter Weekend

This Easter weekend was very special for me. I attended Church Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Saturday night at the Easter Vigil, I was confirmed and took my first communion. I am now a Catholic!
I have been working towards this since September 24, 2008. That is the day I entered into the RCIA program at my local parish. April 3, 2010 I was confimed!


Thursday my mom came and stayed with me. She attended Holy Thursday and found it very interesting. She kept saying there is always something going on, she could never fall asleep in my church. haha. I was so grateful that she came and helped me out. She had dinner cooked for me when I got home from work and helped me out with my puppy taking her out for walks and giving me a break.


Friday was Good Friday service. I have never been before but I will not miss it from here on out. I loved it! As sad as the service was (yes I cried), I felt so much closer to God. I kept thinking how much like a funeral the service was and how beautiful it was. My sister, brother-in-law and her two kids arrived at my house while mom and I were at the service and took care of my puppy. (THANK YOU!) My other sister, brother-in-law, and two kids came over for supper that evening and hung out for a while.


Saturday was the big day. I went on a retreat for the morning with my sponsor and other RCIA participants. What a wonderful experience! I arrived home and chilled out with my family for the rest of the day. My sister popped over with her family again for supper and brought a cake this time. I received confirmation gifts from everyone. (Pics to follow in my friday post.) My dad arrived just in time for dinner. The Easter Vigil was absolutely amazing!! I have never had a smile on my face for 3 hours while at Church before. The service was stunning. The baptism of some of my fellow RCIA people was joyful. My own confirmation was the most incredible experience. My family all said how proud they were of me. I received hugs from so many people and felt at home there.


Sunday my mom stayed for a while after my sister left. We went for an Easter Brunch and hung out. It was nice and relaxing. After she left I cleaned my house. It was such a beautiful day I took a few walks with Beta, and cleaned.


I am still on a high from the whole weekend. I feel renewed and at peace. I still cannot find the words to describe just how happy I am. My only wish was that my fiancé would have been there with me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had such a spiritually wonderful weekend! Congrats on your confirmation! I've only ever been to all of the Holy Week services once. It was after a Lenten prayer group in college and to this day, it's the time I think of when I think of what I want my faith to be again. I believe the Holy Week services truly capture the essence of Christianity.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!