Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Therapy Tuesday: Prolotherapy #2

I'm actually posting this entry on Wednesday since I forgot yesterday, but nonetheless.

Last Friday I had my second treatment of prolotherapy.
I was all ready to drive to the clinic when I realized after my treatment my hand falls completely asleep and useless. I drive a standard. I had to get Frenchie to come with me so he could drive home. Being the type of guy he is, he wanted to see the treatment. (He watched my laser eye surgery too). Frenchie was shocked by the size of the needle. He couldn't believe that amount of liquid would go into such a small area of my forearm.

The Dr. and I discussed my symptoms and pain level from the previous week. I told him that I lasted half a day longer on my pain level. He said that was an improvement, also reminding me it is a slow process and it will take some time. I had the same effect from the treatment. Hand was completely asleep by the time we got to the car.

By Tuesday night, I wasn't at all worried about my wrist being sore for pole class. That's an improvement again. The first treatment put me to Tuesday around noon without much pain. This time, I've lasted until Wednesday morning. That's an improvement and success in my mind.

I will be going for treatments now every two weeks. Hopefully the next update will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!