Friday, April 16, 2010

19/25: Vampire Diaries: The Awakening

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening (Paperback)I picked this book up from the library because I love the TV show. This was a very quick read. I didn't find the characters engaging. Elena seemed to switch characters halfway through. What started out as a 'man hunter' ended up being a 'girl infatuated'. I thought there wasn't enough story to back up the dialogue. things moved really fast and I feel like I was missing information. I realize it is a YA novel, I've just read better ones. Perhaps I'm tired of the vampire craze. I was expecting better things from it based on how good the show is.


This book counts towards the SBC task of Read a book in a series.

Unfortunately, I won't be continuing the series. I'll stick to the TV show.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's time you up your goal to 50 books :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah... Amanda I think you're right.
    I want to wait until I actually reach 25, just so I know I've accomplished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sad, that this wasn't very good. I really enjoy the show and was hoping the book would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch the show Manda. It's way better. I had a hard time picturing Stefan as the same guy. And Elena is blonde in the book.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!