Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Therapy Tuesday: On the pole

I had my first class of Level 10 tonight as well as my first class of assistant teaching.
When I got to class, I was under the impression that I would be observing the level 4 class and somewhat helping out. To my surprise I got to lead the warm ups! And then I got to assist teach!

There were 4 students and they were very fun. I got to help them get into the Cross-knee release (see picture courtesy of http://www.wikipole.org/). That moves requires you to trust yourself. It hurts to get into, but once you commit to it, the pain goes away. The problem is, you have to commit to arching back and trusting your legs will hold you. That's a hard one for everyone the first few times they try it. I felt very proud when all 4 of them got it!
Then the instructor and I had them work on their basic inverts. That was good and fun. I learned a thing or two as well so another bonus.

I was so happy that I got to actually assist. It was so fun!

After the assisting class, I had my own dance class. Level 10.  I asked our instructor what we'd be learning and she said all non-chalantly "Candlestick" (see picture courtesy of http://www.wikipole.org/) I told her "no." hahaha She laughed and said "yep. Prepare to be sore in the morning"

I didn't get the move, and I thought all the way home about it. I believe it's a hand position issue on why I can't hold myself up in the position correctly. I will have to work on that this weekend and see if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!