Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Therapy Tuesday: Off the Pole

I've been feeling a lot less stressed out lately now that my week of busyness right before Easter is done, and things are back to 'normal' (can't be completely normal with my fiancé gone, but close enough). I've started taking Beta to doggy daycare every day. They were completely understanding of my situation and since she is only 4 months old, they suggested I bring her daily. She's far too young to be in the house alone all day.

Although my evenings are now very quiet because she sleeps off her days of playing, it's nice that I can enjoy some me time after a long day of work. It's been so much more relaxing and stress free! I feel like I'm missing out on a lot with Beta since she sleeps while I'm home, but we have the weekends together and those are a blast. A good chunk of bonding and training happens on the weekends.

I'm feel like loneliness is starting to settle in more than before. With Beta sleeping the evenings away, the house is eerily quiet. I sit and read, watch some tv, organize things around the house, but it's not satisfying. There's some thing, or in this case, someone missing. My fiancé left Monday again to head back to work and these first two days have been the longest yet. It's hard, and getting harder without him.

Potentially there are only 3 more shifts he has to go up north for. Potentially.... The idea is that he goes up there for 3 months, and at the end of it, they have work for him back in Calgary. I'm not holding my breath that he'll be back in June permanently. Our economy and the work for his type of job is poor right now. There aren't a lot of jobs available for him. I'm praying that it's only another 3 shifts, but in the pit of my stomach, I know it's more than that.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are able to get some peace and quiet now. I completely understand the importance of me time in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping he's back permanently in June! Also, so glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!