Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Caterers, Dress and Diary of a Mad Bride


This past weekend when Frenchie was home, we went through a list of caterers and narrowed down from 5 to 3. I emailed those three requesting quotes and a larger menu selection. All of their websites said email for more selection. Annoying, but ok, I get you don't want your entire menu and prices online for the whole world to see and compare to.

As of Monday, I got one quote back. $6000 for the food and servers for 130 people. Keep in mind we are doing a buffet. I nearly choked! Needless to say, I spent the evening Monday and Tuesday emailing more caterers and getting more quotes. So far I've gotten some much more reasonable quotes, with more bang for the buck.

I'm hoping by the end of this week we will have a better idea of how much food is going to cost and how close it will fit to our budget. We should be able to pick one and meet with them over the next couple weekends Frenchie is home.

This weekend my mom and dad are coming up to see me try on the dress I want and help pay for it. I am so excited!! I haven't tried any on since I found that one, but I also haven't given the other two I liked any thought.

Diary of a Mad BrideI borrowed a book from my sister called Diary of a Mad Bride. It fits perfectly into one of the tasks in the SBC but I also thought it would be fitting to read as I am a bride-to-be. So far the book is very funny. The character Amy has been dating Stephen for a year. Her best friend is getting married and said friend and her fiancĂ© are bugging Amy about when her and Stephen will tie the knot.
Needless to say, she gets engaged and now needs to plan a wedding. I'm not that far in, but the quote that strikes me is this:
"How hard can this be?"
I said those words. I didn't think it would be that hard. I'm finding out first hand that planning a wedding is a large endeavor and should not be taken lightly.

2 comments:

  1. I read that one right after I got married and loved it! Such a fun book to read while you're planning (or recovering from) a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing a lot of similarities which is frightening haha.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!